4 Easy And Effective Ways To Unclog A Toilet
Use a Clog-Busting Toilet Bomb
- Add 2 cups baking soda and 1/4 cup Epsom salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add 1/2 cup dish soap a little bit at a time, stirring after each addition, until the mixture feels like wet sand.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cavities of a silicone mold, pack them tightly, then set the mold aside to dry overnight. Once your toilet bombs are completely dry, remove them from the mold and store them in an airtight container.
- To unclog a toilet, drop one of the bombs into the toilet bowl, pour in a quart or so of hot water, then let it sit for as long as possible (an hour is ideal). The ingredients and hot water will work together to break down the clog, and you should only need to flush to fix the clogged toilet!
- Start by shutting off the water supply to the toilet. Pour about 1/2 cup borax into the toilet bowl, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then follow with a bucket of hot water. Try flushing again, then repeat with more borax and hot water if necessary.
Pull Out the Plunger
- Aim the flange extension of the plunger into the toilet drain and push it in gently. (This first push will expel the air trapped inside the plunger, so you don’t want to push too hard and risk blasting a bunch of water out of the toilet bowl!)
- Once you force out the air, continue plunging in and out about 15 to 20 times, making sure to maintain the seal. This will force water back and forth in the drain, effectively loosening most clogs.
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.